Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a little stinker!

The Dr. just came in and did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels and look at the baby. The fluid levels are fine but, she is flipped. She was head down on friday night. Sometime since then she has decided she doesnt like being on her head as much as she likes being on her feet I guess. Stubborn little girl! I dont know where she gets it from! She hasnt even been born yet and already she does what she wants and doesnt listen to her mommy. When I am done typing we are going to have a good long talk.

Because she is breached there are a few more risk factors. They will be monitoring every 6 hours now instead of every 8. There is also the risk of the cord coming out first which would mean an emergency c-section.

It is funny because after I had Gabe I thought that there was no way a 2nd pregnancy could be much worse. Apparently I was wrong. I am just glad that I know there is an end in sight and 3 years from now this will all be a memory.

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

We had this breech problem with Becca. Getting those little ones turned is NOT FUN!!!! Good luck.

Amanda Stevens said...

I wanted to get down to the hospital the past two days and havent made it. Snow and kids got in the way. I remember feeling so vulnerable in the hospital, not taking care of the little one I already had and not feeling like I was doing a great job with the one I was carrying. The time will fly by and soon it will be a memory, with much gained and learned. Hang in there Erin, we are thinking about you daily. Good job being a responsible and sweet Mamma!!!

Aaron and Julie said...

not fun. I hope things get better!! LoL

Mandi said...

Good luck! I hope your baby turns back around!!!