Tuesday, January 13, 2009

10 days down, 10 to go

I have been in the hospital for 10 days now. It has gone by faster than I thought it would, but, it seems like the days are getting longer now. I am at a halfway point. 10 days from now I should have this baby. They monitored me this morning and when they took me off my nurse said that she is the best looking ruptured baby she has ever seen. That was encouraging.
We had a little bit of added s
tress yesterday. Every other day they do a blood draw to check my white blood cell count. Yesterday it was "elevated" so instead of waiting until Wednesday they did another draw today to check and make sure it had not gone up. Thankfully it went down and I get to go back to every other day.

I am beginning to feel like a human pincushion at times. I think the reason that my white blood cell count was up yesterday is in part due to all of the bruises that I have from IV sticks and blood draws.

Thankfully, I know it will all be over soon. I guess it is worth it to get this little girl here safe and sound!

P.S. She is still breached. We have had quite a few long chats but apparently she is happy right where she is and sees no reason to turn around. Oh well, what can you do?

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Wow, almost there! Hang in there.

ethan said...

Good Job Erin!!!! You should listen to the Tom Waits song "Hold On," (check it out on Songza.com so you can listen to it for free) it's a cool song.