Saturday, January 24, 2009

PICTURES! and the rest of the story













Sunday afternoon I went into labor. They gave me some medicine to stop the contractions. It worked for half an hour and contractions started again. They gave me another dose and told me if they didnt stop that they would be doing a c-section at 5pm. They didnt stop. Lydia was born at 5:45pm. She weighed 5 pounds 9 oz. She is still in the NICU. I am home and traveling back and forth. Yesterday they transfered her from the downtown hospital up to Meridian. We are so happy to have her so close to home! I also have a room in Meridian right across the hall from the NICU.


Today is Gabe's Birthday! He IS 2! 2 years ago today he was born at the same hospital where Lydia is!


5 comments:

Tilly said...

ERIN!! CONGRATS! She is beautiful! I can't believe how small she is. I'm glad things turned out to be okay. Congrats and enjoy them. I really didn't remember how fast they grew. I hope things get much easier for you! Take care and relax. Loves!!

Oh hey, P.S. Michael and Elizabeth's birthdays are 12 days apart. It's funny we both did the same thing. January is a busy month!! :)

Kellie said...

She is darling! Hope Gabe is having a good birthday!

LSnow said...

John and Erin,
What a beautiful baby. Glad she's here and ok. Life is hectic with a premie baby, but it will get better and soon you will be 20 years down the road looking back wondering where all the time went.

Andi said...

She is beautiful! Katie had the best nurse at Meridian NICU named Joanne. I'm excited to meet Lydia!

Olsen Family said...

I'm so glad things seem to have turned out well. Lydia and Gabe are both beautiful. I hope you both can find time to rest. -Rachel