Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I don't do ants.

Yesterday was full of bugs.

It all started when a bee flew in through the open back door. Thankfully we were able to kindly escort it out of the house with no further incidence.

Then, as I was cleaning the laundry room I saw an ant. I killed it immediately. I don't do ants. If they are outside they will live, but, inside they must die. As I continued cleaning I discovered that there were quite a few ants coming in through the wall in the laundry room. I immediately called Jon. I told him that he had to come home for lunch and spray for bugs. I continued to check where the ants were coming in. Armed with the vacuum I sucked a few up every 10-15 minutes. Thankfully Jon sprayed and there were no further problems.

Later I was cleaning and there was a big fat hairy spider climbing up the window. It was outside but spiders inside or out don't stand a chance against me. I went out with Gabe and we sprayed it with the hose and smashed it with a shoe. The rest of the day Gabe kept talking about how we killed that spider.

side note:
When I was growing up we always got ants. Every spring they would come up through cracks in the cement in our laundry room area. I HATED them.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I don't do bugs either! I always kill spiders, even though I feel bad about it, AND I absolutely hate ants!