Friday, October 3, 2008

What do I do?

So I haven't even known that I am having a girl for a full 24 hours and already I am freaking out! Last night I couldn't sleep so I made Jon go outside in the garage and get all of the boxes of baby items so I could sort through and get the stuff out that I would need for a girl. After soritng through all of the clothes I discovered that my little girl is going to look a lot like a little boy! Everything is BLUE! Jon is convinced that we can stick a bow in her hair and everyone will know she is a girl regardless of what she is wearing. I also discovered that I have waaaay too many boy clothes! What was a thinking? As I sat and pondered all of this I repeatedly beat myself up for giving away all of the cute girl clothes that I had bought on clearance etc. Especially all of those baby tights that I got for $0.10 a piece!

I guess that since I had Gabe I just figured that I would have boys. I just thought that that was they way it is going to be. I dont think that I ever really thought of having girls after having a boy. I was talking with Jon and asked, "What do we do with a girl?" He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "All she is going to do is eat, sleep, cry, and poop for the first few months you will figure it out." I continued to worry about what she will wear. Jon reminded me that we still have 5 months to figure that all out. 5 months doesn't seem like very long.

The other problem is the room situation. We have 2 rooms upstairs. One is Gabe's and the other is currently a guest room. Do I paint the guest room pink and turn it into a little girl room? Or do I leave it a guest room and keep the baby in our room until she is sleeping throught the night and have them share a room? Does anyone have any suggestions?

(I am sorry that my last three posts have been all writing and no pictures. I hate it when people do that, now I am a guilty party.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your baby girl! That's so exciting! It seems that everyone is having girls that used to be in the ward. I'm glad that you should be able to have a VBAC too. Very exciting!

I did some of the same things that you are doing too. I've had the crib set up since my first trimester and I've gone through all the girl clothes, twice! It had to be done right away.

Kellie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited you're having a girl too!!

As far as suggestions on the room situation. I would make the guest room into a room for the baby because I'm a wimp. We only have 2 bedrooms and I am not looking forward to having the girls together (I'm afraid every time the baby wakes up Natalie will too!!) But my sister has a 3 year old boy and a 1 one year old girl and they share a room without any problems.