In less than one week my baby girl will be 2 years old. As I look back I can't help but remember that two years ago today I was sitting in a hospital bed passing the time reading books and watching a lot of the Food Network. It is sad but true that two years ago when we brought Lydia home from the hospital I weighed almost exactly the same as I do today.
In the two years since her birth, my weight has gone up and down staying in a 10 pound range. Originally I made a new years resolution to lose 40 pounds this year. In the last two weeks I have become frustrated with trying to lose the weight. I have found that focusing on counting calories stresses me out and causes me to eat more.
So, my new goal is to be healthy and fit regardless of the number on the scale. In fact, I might just have to stop weighing myself all together.
In order to reach this goal I am going to be running the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon in May. I ran this same half marathon almost 3 years ago and I know that I can do it again. I had plans of doing it last year but never really committed. This year I am doing it even if I have to walk all 13.1 miles.
I have never felt so healthy as I did 3 years ago when I was running regularly and I want to feel that way again.
I also have a bit of a sugar problem. That might be an understatement. It is a huge problem. I wish that they had SAA (sugar addicts annonymous). So in order to help minimize my sugar intake, I have decided to give up soda. I don't drink soda everyday but I would say that I drink it at least 4 times a week which is too much.
The reason that I am blogging all of this is so that I will commit to my training. I need to do this for myself.
So there it is.
1 comment:
You can do it Erin! I know that in the past when I commit to some sort of exercise goal and stop paying attention to the calorie-counting, it's easier for me to want to be healthy overall. I hear ya on the sugar addiction - it they ever start a SAA, I will probably be one of its first members. :) You go girl!
Post a Comment