Monday, October 31, 2011

A Lesson About Sacrifice

Yesterday was Gabe's first primary program at our church.  He had a little part to say and had been looking forward to it for weeks.  On Saturday they had a dress rehearsal and afterwards had earned ice cream sundaes.  Of course Gabe got chocolate all over his white shirt and tie.  I had planned on washing it for Sunday but Sunday morning came around and Saturday night it had slipped my mind.  So I asked Gabe to wear another shirt that he had with his sweater vest.  He HATES the sweater vest.  I am not sure what his problem with it is but I have not been able to convince him to wear it since I bought it for him.  It came down to a battle.  I gave in and left him alone. 

Jon trying to keep the peace went in and talked to him about it.  He explained that sometimes we do things for people we love even if we don't want to and that is called a sacrifice.

This morning I was getting ready for the day and asked Gabe to have Daddy go down and get him a bowl of cereal for breakfast.  Jon was in bed and didn't really want to get up.  Gabe proceeded to tell Jon all about sacrifice.

I guess now we know that he is listening to us...at least some of the time.

No comments: