The last few months since we moved into our new house we have been working on our landscaping. The first thing that we did was put in some garden boxes. We have 10 boxes. One for Raspberries, one for Blackberries, one for Strawberries and the rest are for veggies, tomatoes, carrots, beets, corn, squash, beans, etc.
We started getting strawberries on our plants about a month ago. Recently I have gone out to check for ripe ones. There have been a few that look like they will be ready in the next couple of days. Every time I go back out to check on them they are gone. I asked Gabe and Lydia if they were eating them. Gabe Quickly put the blame on his little sister. Lydia not knowing any better admitted to it. Although I still had some suspicions about her going and picking the berries. I thought it was a joint venture between the two of them.
Yesterday we discovered the real thief. BRIDGETT the dog!
Jon went out to plant an apple tree and there she was in the box snarfing down the goods. We really need to get a fence up around our garden area if we are going to enjoy any of our strawberries! But really, a dog that eats strawberries! Crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment