Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mommyhood

I have to say that being a Mom is a little bit weirder than I ever thought it would be. This morning I sat eating my breakfast. Gabe was wearing his footsie pajamas. He runs up to me and asks me to unzip them. (I thought he was going upstairs to get dressed.) Two minutes later I hear a yell from the bathroom.

"MOMMY, I GOed POOP!"

So I stand up from my bowl of oatmeal and walk in the bathroom to help him wipe. The next thing he says is,

"Wow mommy, THAT was CLOSE! I ALMOST pooped in my pull up!"

I couldn't help but laugh. Then I thought to myself how weird this would have been 4years ago. Before I had my own kids I used to laugh a little when kids needed help wiping. I dont know why but it was always a little bit funny to me. Now I can't help but think how it is just part of my everyday, normal, day to day life. At least once a day I hear that yell, "MOMMY! I GOed POOP!"

Don't tell anyone...but...sometimes...if I am a little bit busy...I pretend like I didn't hear him the first time so that he will yell again, he's always a little bit louder the second time. It buys me a little bit of time, and makes me laugh.

P.S. he is potty trained and wears underwear. He still wears pull ups at night because he has the occasional night accident still.

No comments: