Monday, January 11, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training!

Last Thursday we started potty training Gabe. It is official. I will not be turning back. So far it is going pretty well. As long as I make sure he goes every hour or so we dont have accidents. The one exception is pooping. He has pooped on the potty before. But, not since we started potty training again. Any ideas? He always realizes that he has to go after he has gone. I am just not sure how to catch him before hand.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

That was the hardest for Xander too. He was jsut afraid to go #2 on the toliet for some reason. He held it for 3 days the first wk of potty training before I finally made him sit on it for about 30 minutes. I knew he was needing to do it, so I got books, toys and such and he sat on the toliet while I distracted him. Finally he relaxed enough and was able to do it. If he has a usual time of day that he goes, you could try that. Good luck!