Friday, February 6, 2009

Dr. Visit for Gabe and Lydia

Today we went to the Pediatrician for Lydia's Newborn checkup and Gabe's 2 year check up. They are both very healthy! Gabe is in the 90th percentile for both weight and height. He is 36 inches tall and 33 pounds. Lydia is getting bigger. She was 6lbs. 4 oz. and 19 inches long. When we brought her home on Wed. She was 5lbs. 12 oz. I was worried that she might not be getting enough to eat. Obviously since she has gained 8 oz. in 2 days, there is no problem there! I am such a happy mommy! Gabe even got a Hepatitis A vaccine and hardly cried at all. I was so proud of him. When the Dr. took Gabe's diaper off Gabe was so cute. He said, " I not poopy." and looked at the Pediatrician like what are you doing? And while Lydia was getting looked over Gabe told her, " it's ok baby sister. it's ok." He is such a good big brother. He loves to hold her and help out. Sometimes a little too much. I am not sure how many times I have had to tell him that he can't hold sister when mom is feeding her. I am a proud mommy. I am so happy to be home and so grateful for two happy healthy kids. We are so blessed!

3 comments:

ethan said...

Sounds like you made it out of the tunnel. Good job!

tyler family said...

Congrats Erin! She is a cutie and I can't wait to meet her. Sounds like things are going well!!

Kellie said...

We're glad she finally home! Now if our busy lives would permit we'd love to come see her sometime this week...Matt leaves town AGAIN this week.