Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Known World

 


I read this book because I saw it on another book blog. It is about black slave owner in the South before the Civil War. I love historical fiction and that is why I picked up this book. Can I just say that it took me forever to get through it! I am not a big fan of how it is written. It is a bunch of little snippets about at least 20 people or more that are all related in round about ways. The author will roam mid paragraph into the future and then come back to present time. It was fascinating to read just really hard for me to get through and a little bit depressing in the end. I kept waiting for the author to get to the point. He finally does in the last 30 pages or so. I have mixed feelings about this book because I was satisfied with the ending but it felt a little random.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: